- Ask the experts
- Maintenance Q & A
- Hits: 14
Top 10 tips to get the most from your Cochlear implant
Here are some tips to help you get more benefit from your cochlear implant. Each of the links (in bold text) opens in a new window. This information has been provided by our friends at Cochlear.
- Change your sound processor microphone protectors every three months or sooner if you live in a high humidity environment, perspire frequently or notice a change in sound quality.
- Thinking of upgrading your sound processor? It’s important to discuss this first with your hearing care professional.
- It’s good to know how to pair your sound processor with your wireless accessories.
- Don’t forget to insure your sound processor against loss or theft.
- Travelling with a Cochlear implant can be easy but it’s important to plan ahead. There are a few simple steps you can take with your device that will make your holiday or business trip stress free.
- Use your drying box and if travelling, use a small sealed plastic container with the dry brik inside.
- If eligible, keep your Australian Hearing card current for easy access to parts and repairs.
- Investigate the roll out of NDIS in your state – you may be eligible for financial support of your Cochlear implant through NDIS.
- Make sure you always have a spare cable, a spare coil and a spare battery on hand to troubleshoot your sound processor.
- Regularly inspect your Aqua+ waterproofing device, particularly after 20 uses to make sure it’s always in tip top condition